Osteopathy can help many common musculoskeletal women’s health problems and a variety of different conditions, not just pregnancy related, from teenage years to post menopausal years. Many commonly used medications for the symptoms described above are often not recommended for a pregnant or breast feeding mother. Osteopathy offers an alternative approach to help to deal with these common conditions.
Conditions commonly treated at CBR Clinics include:
- General muscular back pain
- SDP (Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction) – pain or discomfort in the joint at the front of the pelvis
- Sacro-iliac joint pain – presenting as pain in the lower back
- Sciatic and leg pain associated with back pain
- Rib and thoracic spine pain leading to breathlessness and difficulty in deep breathing
- Neck aches and headaches of a mechanical nature
- Joint swelling
Osteopathy in postnatal care provides a hands on approach to relieving your discomfort and also gives advice on pelvic floor exercises, lifting and carrying your baby, postural advice and safe exercises.